Sunday, March 26, 2017

Paul & Sonia Diamond at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum's Opening

My grandparents were Holocaust survivors; you can read about their experiences here (for my grandmother) and here (for my grandfather).  When the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (USHMM) opened, Fox45 in Baltimore brought them to the museum to hear a reaction from the perspective of survivors.
Paul & Sonia Diamond with Jennifer Gilbert of Fox45 at the USHMM (screenshot)

My grandparents react to various displays that mirror their own experiences, and my grandfather searches photos for family members.  You can see the entire (newly digitized off a VHS tape) segment here:

(And as a side note to everyone, digitize your old VHS tapes!  Some of the ones I'm digitizing now are in bad shape, and the longer I would have waited, the worse they'd have gotten!)

Note:  I'm on Twitter.  Follow me (@larasgenealogy).

Want to get future blog posts emailed to you automatically?
Enter your email address:

No comments:

Post a Comment